Friday, October 31, 2008

6 days past my due date:(

Wow what a week of pregnancy. I started having contractions on Monday and they have continued throughout the week. We had our two fetal heart rate tests done to make sure the baby is okay and he passed, so that's good news! I went to the doctor today and I'm 3 cm dilated and 90% effaced. So close! My body is really taking the long route on delivering this baby. The doctor said the average labor is 18 hours long but I've already experienced about 8 hours of it during this last week. Let's hope he is right!

If the baby does not come this weekend we will be heading to the hospital at 6am on Monday. The doctor will break my water and hopefully that will put me into labor. If it doesn't he will have to give me some drugs to get it started. The doctor is hopeful just breaking my water will do the trick.

We are in the last final stretch thankfully, Casey and I are so ready to meet our first child.

No comments: