Thursday, September 25, 2008

4 weeks to go...

We have started preparing for our little one to join our life. Here are some pictures of Casey putting together our car seat/stroller, swing and crib.

I'm 36 weeks pregnant and have reached the point that if I were to go into labor the doctors would not stop me from delivering, so great news! A full term pregnancy is considered either 37 or 38 weeks so we are almost there. I have started the weekly visits to the doctor where they test my blood pressure, protein, growth, baby's heartbeat, and weight. So far things are looking good. I have no swelling yet and the back pain has gone away, so i really can't complain, I feel great. My doctor said he would be surprised if I went early as it appears I will go till my due date or after. The longest he will let me go will be 41 weeks.

Casey and I had an all day labor class last weekend. It was actually a really great experience and I left there not nearly as terrified about giving birth. We enjoyed the learning and Casey especially enjoyed the relaxation part of the class (yes he took a small snooze)... We were able to see the rooms we will deliver and stay in and they were beautiful! So now the waiting game is on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great web page!! It is great to be able to keep up on how things are going. It's hard to believe my baby boy turned 21 today and my love for him and his sister just keeps growing. It is hard to imagine how you could love someone so much but it is true kids are amazing. You and Casey are going to be fantastic parents and I wish you all the joy our kids have brought us.

Love ya lots,
Aunt Beth

Unknown said...

Your website is great! I love this because it is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Can't wait to read your next post!! :)

Jennie H.