Tuesday, August 31, 2010

29 weeks - 11 more to go (maybe)...

Well this pregnancy has not been as easy as it was with Rylan. First my doctor thought I could have gestational diabetes but after 4 weeks of testing my blood my blood levels are just fine. I never failed my 1 hour exam but I was close but i'm positive it had to do with my throw up session two nights before and not eating for 2 days. I then had to do the 3 hour exam which was actually not so bad. I love how people treat you when you are pregnant. They gave me my own room which I could lay down in a bed and they came in hourly and took my blood. I as well did not fail that exam however my 20 week ultrasound showed a large baby so my doctor made me take my own blood 4 times a day. After those testings for 2 weeks I was completely fine. The diabetes counselors said I look totally fine and there was no reason they needed to see me again:)

We just had our 2nd ultrasound yesterday and of course she is measuring 11 days ahead and I also have extra amniotic fluid (24 when 20 and below is normal). My doctor was happy my levels were not in the 30's as sometimes it can indicate something is wrong with the baby. I will have another ultrasound in 3 weeks and we hope that my levels are back to normal. I also have to start seeing my doctor weekly until I deliver - oh what a joy! That means going to the doctor 10 weeks in a row, not fun!!! My doctor has stressed how important it is for me to take things easy as having extra fluid can cause preterm labor/bedrest. I'm almost positive I won't see my due date of November 16th anymore - but hopefully just a week early as I do not want her and Rylan to have that close of birthdays. Pregnancy is stressful!!!!

No comments: